It’s not uncommon to want to change a career midway. We no longer have the luxury of working one job till we retire, That reality belonged to our parents and grandparents. With the fast-changing world. Workers are itching for a change.
According to research done in America, Approximately 55% of American adults are planning a career switch. So, when you feel that your career is no longer helping you serve yourself and others well. It’s okay to think of switching.
Putting yourself at the centre of the career is not selfish, it is actually, what you need to do. You should choose a career or a job that gives you an opportunity to offer value in a way that is rewarding to you not only financially, but also spiritually and emotionally.
Here are twenty quotes to inspire you on your career journey
- “Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.” —Confucius
- “It’s not what you achieve, it’s what you overcome. That’s what defines your career.” —Carlton Fisk
- “Find out what you like doing best and get someone to pay you for doing it.” —Katherine Whitehorn
- “I think everyone should experience defeat at least once during their career. You learn a lot from it.” —Lou Holt
- “Do not be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” —Mark Twain
- “You can’t build a reputation on what you’re going to do.” —Confucius
- “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any-Alice Walker
- “Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.-Kurt Cobain
- “The future depends on what you do today”- Mahatma Gandhi
- “Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.-Francis of Assisi
- “There is no passion to be found playing small—in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.”-Nelson Mandela
- “Whatever you decide to do, make sure it makes you happy”-Paulo Coelho
- “Do or do not. There is no try.” — Yoda
- ‘Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.” — Marilyn Monroe
- “The harder I practice, the luckier I get.” — Gary Player
- “Opportunities don’t happen, you create them.” — Chris Grosser.
- “Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right.” — Henry Ford
- “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you have not found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle.—Steve Jobs
- “Motivation is a fire from within. If someone else tries to light that fire under you, chances are it will burn very briefly”.—Stephen R. Covey