I was born and raised in the highlands of the Great Rift Valley, a place known as the breadbasket of the country. In my hometown, March is a special month because Mid-March is the beginning of the long rains. February is usually the driest and the hottest month of the year hence the farmers can’t do much on their farms.
However, come March there’s renewed energy! It is like there is a release of energy that was hidden somewhere. People are no longer bored and idle they are full of hope, energy and there is suddenly so much to do and It is rare to see any idlers on the road because almost everyone is getting the farms ready for the start of the planting season.
The farming community there move forward into the month of March with vigour and zeal. They do not try to look back at February and lose hope instead they look at the challenges and concerns they had about lack of water and lack of pasture as things that are now in the past. Because the sky is no longer very blue, they can see little clouds forming. In the evening, there are flashes of lightning in the sky and it gives them hope. The long rain is coming and they have to be ready before.
Here are a few quotes to remind you about marching forward and forgetting about the past as you March on to the month of March.
- “If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself.” ~ Henry Ford
- “Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.” ~ Soren Kierkegaard
- “March on. Do not tarry. To go forward is to move toward perfection. March on, and fear not the thorns, or the sharp stones on life’s path.” ~ Khalil Gibran
- “I prayed for twenty years. Nothing happened until I got off my knees and started marching with my feet.”― Jay Coles
- “Vacate the bench of rest and play the game of the bests. Keep on marching; no more benching!”― Israelmore Ayivor.
- “Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance, you must keep moving.” Albert Einstein
- “The truth is unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward.” Steve Maraboli
- “The hardest part about moving forward is not looking back.” Anonymous
- “Moving forward is making things happen.” Anonymous
- “I’m looking forward to the future, and feeling grateful for the past.”- Mike Rowe
- “You know you are on the right track when you become uninterested in looking back.” -Anonymous
- “Stop focusing on what happened and start focusing on what’s going to move you forward.” –Anonymous
- “Let us move forward with strong and active faith.” Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “I don’t take success and failure seriously. The only thing I do seriously is marching forward. If I fall, I get up and march again.” -Kareena Kapoor Khan
- “Don’t dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energy moving forward together towards an answer.”-
- “You can’t expect to move forward if your emergency brake is on.”-Angela Cecilia
- “A very wise man once told me that you can’t look back – you just have to put the past behind you, and find something better in your future.”-Jodi Picoult
- “When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. When I let go of what I have, I receive what I need.”-Lao Tzu
- “Set your goal and keep moving forward.”-Georges St-Pierre
- “A year from now you may wish you had started today.”-Karen Lamb