It is almost mid-May, and the long rains are here with us. The conversations turned from saying, ‘may it rain”, to “it is raining!”
It’s been raining hard day and night and in the words of Mark Haddon,” It sounds like white noise everywhere, which is like silence but not empty.”
Many of us have developed a love and hate relationship with the rain; we wish it would rain: because this means a steady supply of fresh and affordable food; since we depend on rain feed agriculture in our country. But, on the other hand, we wish it would not rain!
And for those who live in my city know that any showers mean a major traffic gridlock lasting several hours(It as though it rains ‘cars too”). The farmers too wait for the rain with bated breath, but, when the rain falls they wish it had not to rained when it rained because that means no farm for the day.
For young children, rain means you cannot go out and play. For young lovers rain means you cannot sit outside together gazing at the moon and the stars in the evening. However, Rain need not mean the end of a beautiful day. In fact, the first falling drops can signify the beginning of something even more beautiful.
May these quotes cheer you this May.
1. Rain makes things grow. Nature, nurture, and water goes hand in hand.
2. Rain inspires creativity. Think of a “brainstorm” – great ideas often come during a downpour.
3. “The best thing one can do when it’s raining is to let it rain.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
4. “Do Not Fear The Rain Is Only Here To Help You Grow”. – Jennae Cecelia
5. “May the Sound Of Rain Remind You That Growth Can Be Painful Yet Beautiful. – Unknown
6. “Do not be angry with the rain; it simply does not know how to fall upwards.”― Vladimir Nabokov
7. “No Rain No Flower.” – Unknown
8. “The rain didn’t make things messy. People did that all on their own.” – Barbara Delinsky
9. “I always like walking in the rain, so no one can see me crying.”― Charlie Chaplin
10. “Love like rain can nourish from above, drenching couples with a soaking joy. But sometimes under the angry heat of life, love dries on the surface and must nourish from below, tending to its roots keeping itself alive.”― Paulo Coelho
11. “The richness of the rain made me feel safe and protected; I have always considered the rain to be healing—a blanket—the comfort of a friend.”- ― Douglas Coupland
12. “Rain makes me feel less alone. All rain is a cloud falling apart, and pouring its shattered pieces down on top of you. It makes me feel good to know I’m not the only thing that falls apart. It makes me feel better to know other things in nature can shatter.”― Lone Alaskan Gyps
13. “After the rain, the sun will reappear. There is life. After the pain, the joy will still be here.”― Walt Disney Company
14. “Raindrops are not the ones who bring the clouds.”― Sorin Cerin
15. “The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain!”-Dolly Parton
16. “Raise your words, not voice, It is the rain that grows a flower, not thunder”-Rumi
17. “Give thanks for the rain in your life which waters the flowers of your soul.” –Jonathan Lockwood Huie
18. “The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by soft falling”-Lucretius
19. “No person has the right to rain on your dreams”-Martin Luther King Jr.
20. “Heavy rains and a good book. A perfect extravagance”-Carew Papritz