Today is Women’s Entrepreneurship Day (WED), a day that grew out of the volunteer work of a lady called Wendy Diamond. Thanks to Wendy and others, the United Nations and more than 100 countries celebrate Women’s Entrepreneurship Day each year on November 19. In 2021, the theme of Women’s Entrepreneurship Day is #ChooseWOMEN.
Here are 10 quotes from accomplished Women Entrepreneurs to cheer you on the entrepreneurship journey. Be Inspired.
- “I invented my life by taking for granted that everything I did not like would have an opposite, which I would like.” — Coco Chanel
- “You never lose in business, either you win or you learn.” — Melinda Emerson,
- “Fearlessness is not the absence of fear. It is the mastery of fear. It’s about getting up one more time than we fall down.” —Arianna Huffington, editor in chief of The Huffington Post
- “I am not satisfied in making money for myself. I endeavor to provide employment for hundreds of the women of my race.” — Madam C.J. Walker
- “Follow your passion — and if you don’t know what it is, realize that one reason for your existence on earth is to find it.” —Oprah Winfrey
- “Build your business success around something that you love — something that is inherently and endlessly interesting to you.” —Martha Stewart, businesswoman, writer, and television personality
- “The difference between successful people and others is how long they spend time feeling sorry for themselves.” — Barbara Corcoran, real estate magnate and ‘Shark Tank’ investor.
- “As a leader, it’s a major responsibility on your shoulder to practice the behavior you want others to follow.” – Himanshu Bhatia Founder and CEO, Rose International Inc.
- “No matter what, expect the unexpected. And whenever possible, BE the unexpected.” – Lynda Barry, author
- “Define success in your own terms, achieve it by your own rules, and build a life you’re proud to live.” — Anne Sweeney;- (My favourite quote. I believe success is personal!
My name is Winnie Seurei-Tanui, I am a trainer at Lengo Africa T&C Ltd, an author and a life coach. I think of myself as a “fire starter’, I like to inspire people to be better, and seek out situations where their impact can be maximized.Follow me on my FB PAGE; https://www.facebook.com/tanuiwinnieke/